Saturday, 30 May 2009

REFLECTING ON YOUR KNOWLEDGE

Based on your experience as a reader, what was the most difficult thing for you when reading this book? Propose some ideas about the way to overcome that difficulty.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

4. What can you say about the characterization and presentation of women in these Canterbury Tales? Refer at least to 2 different tales.
In The Clerk´s Tale the woman is represent as people submissive, who do every for the man and doesn´t live his own life, is a person who do not thing for her but, for others.
In The Knight Tale the women has been showed as a trophy, because in this tale the man who will won the battle would get married with Emily, don´t care the feeling of her.
We can to observe that in the book the concept of woman is just as o object, or as a person who take care the others, and always has to obey the men, more less the women was born for accept be for everyone, but never for her.

Martha Méndez said...

Good idea on woman´s characters in the tales.
Congratulations.
Martha

Anonymous said...

about the reflecting I think that the most important difficult for me was the difficult lenguaje becouse there r some words that i don't know.. so I speed a lot of time searching in the dictionary. But that was good couse i learn some new words.

lustforlife123 said...

in my point of view, i think that the most difficult thing is that some vocabulary is not explainded very well; we should change this aspect practicing more new words for can understand all types of texts.

pilar said...

in my opinion i thin that the book its a little difficult but still i liked very much.
i have to work more in my vocabulary and other things to understand exactly all the book

att gerbin angulo
20082165037

danielito said...

Really the book was very interesting, it doesn't was difficult, maybe some words but nothing weird. There were some expressions that I didn't understand but, I searched it and I tried to compare it with other words and easier took the idea.

Andrea Moreno said...

I think that the most difficult thing for all of us was the vocabulary (even i have a doubt in two words). We must read more and more to improve our vocabulary. We should try to do not use the dictionary always and try to think in english.

Carolina said...

My personal experience.. I've to say that it was a little bit overwhelming cause the tales handle a colloquial language that was complicated to understand..the stories were fun and leave us important messages...I´d like to continue working with this kind of activities that help us to improve our comprehension and English skills.
Carolina

stefannie Romero said...

Reflecting on your knowledge... perhaps the most difficult thing was to understand all the vocabulary, because Canterbury tales or Chaucer was about XIV century and it is old english, but i think that it was really important because you can get many new words and it is important if you want to learn english. Canterbury tales was excellent for readers like us

Stefannie R.

stefannie Romero said...

In relation with that i think that perhaps the most difficult thing was understand all the vocabulary, that tales were about XIV century and thus it is old english, but i think it is a good tool to improve your english. It was difficult but it is important if you want to learn english.

Martha Méndez said...

All you that have been here writing yoiur comments,they are very interesting and give us readers the s ense of not being alone in this adventure.Good reflection.
Martha

pilar said...

well i liked very much this book it was very incredible because the stories are a little funny but they are very conected with reality and that is great. also i liked that in all the pages we can found words that we dont understand and this isa a good way to learn faster and faster so i dont see any difficult in the book it was very great.

note
teacher gerbin didnt find his password so a give mine.

att
pilar tavera 20082165033

Tim Isz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I think that the book is perfect for us, young english learners, It has not a difficult vocabulary,as far as I concern.
It´s quite good,I kinda like it,it´s very interesting,and it helps to improve all our english skills,and it entertains us while we´re reading!

Estefania

Natalia Otalora said...

I see this book like a very good selection for us... it contains too many new words and it help us to improve our vocabulary, it's just perfect 'cause while we´re reading we are learning and simply enjoy the stories.

Anonymous said...

hi everybody, well the most difficult for me was understand some expressions and some words.when I didn't understood the coherence of some phrases or expressions was difficult to continue reading. Also sometimes disregard the reading and continue late, so lost the idea and I cannot concentrate... I propose tree things;
first; each time that you don't understand some phrase or word, go to search until find.
second; you shouldn't read for portions; the ideal is that you begin with a book and finish as soon as possible.
finally you shoulod motivate from reading, and make exercises, take out ideas, because in the books you can find many things that help to improve your knowledge in english language..

Tim Isz said...

well the first difficult was when i saw for first time the book i said "is too long!! i can´t read all the book" but with the time the pages were less and less...
the second was too much describe of things...and that´s all for me difficult is a thing of time (maybe) not or ourselves

Martha Méndez said...

Pilar and Gerbin, good idea to share keys and help each other.
Martha

Lorena gonzalez said...

well in my reading a difficult was the vocabulary if a word was explained the explanation was most confused, but its not a problem at all beacuse of course you get more vocabuly and this is great. And the reading was too long and I got tired easily.
but I think those were good stories.

Martha Méndez said...

COMMENT CLOSED-Sunday 7 2009

Animation on Canterbury Tales

Movies and TV

CNN.com